See the difference between Tennessee and Chicago Living
East Tennessee and Chicago offer very distinct living experiences. East Tennessee offers a mild four-season climate, innate lush beauty from the mountains and valleys and to the lakes, thriving cities with welcoming hometown vibes, and a low cost of living. These are just a few reasons it’s easy to see why people are drawn to Tennessee. Chicago, on the other hand, is a bustling metropolis known for its entertainment industry. The city has one of the highest tax rates in the United States, harsh winters, and heavy traffic congestion which contributes to having some of the worst air pollution in the country. On top of the high cost of living and harsh environment it also has a notoriously bad crime rate.
- Top 10 Most Affordable States
- 0% Income Tax
- No Inheritance Tax
- No Prescription Drug Tax
- $4.5 Property Tax Rate
- Home Appreciation 24.9% Last 12 months
- Home Appreciation 83.4% Last 5 years
- Overall Cost of Living 7.8% less than the U.S. average
- Healthcare 4% less than the U.S. average
- Groceries 3.6% less than the U.S. average
- Knoxville is within a days drive to 2/3 of the population
- Crossroads to 3 major interstate (I-40, I-75 & I-81)
- Located near the Great Smoky Mountains
- Beautiful climate all year round
- Located close to multiple top-tier medical facilities
- Conveniently located near shops, grocery stores, and activities
- Located 20 minutes from McGhee Tyson Airport
- Housing is 50% higher than the national average
- 10.7% more expensive than Lenoir City
- 4.95% Income Tax
- Cost of living is 19% higher than the national average
- $5.9 Property Tax Rate
- Home Appreciation 9.6% over the last 12 months
- Healthcare costs 12% more than Lenoir City
- Groceries cost 5% more than Lenoir City
- Ranked #23 for worst annual particle air pollution out of 200 metropolitan areas
- Flat landscape which limits outdoor activities such as hiking, with a tasteless grid system map
- Frozen winters averaging 26°, plus wind chill from frigid Lake Michigan
- High population density with limited parking options
- Notoriously bad crime rate
- Marina: convenient, clear water location, secure, gated docks, floating docks, year-round access, and fuel station all located on Tellico Lake.
- Dining: two restaurants at WindRiver with scenic views of Tellico Lake and many local options located close by in Lenoir City, Knoxville, and Maryville.
- Golf Course: exceptional golf experience with some of the most breathtaking golf real estate in Tennessee. The par-72 course features six sets of tees ranging from 4,146 yards on the forward tees to 7,453 yards from the championship tees.
- Pool & Sports Complex: resort-style pool, sundeck & hot tub, tennis courts, pickleball courts, basketball court, bocce lawn and so much more!
WindRiver is a debt-free resort style planned community, with beautiful waterfront property. The community is family owned and operated by the Ayres, who have strong ties to the East Tennessee area. The Ayres have called WindRiver their “Legacy Project” and treat it as such, you will see them on property 7 days a week and at majority of the community events.