See the difference between Tennessee and Long Island Living
East Tennessee and Long Island offer very distinct living experiences. East Tennessee offers a mild four-season climate, innate lush beauty from the mountains and valleys and to the lakes, thriving cities with welcoming hometown vibes, and a low cost of living. These are just a few reasons it’s easy to see why people are drawn to Tennessee. Long Island, on the other hand, is an expensive city known for its harsh winters. Back and forth legislation on housing development means it will be increasingly difficult to build a new home in the area, on top of the already limited amount of space.
- Top 10 Most Affordable States
- 0% Income Tax
- No Inheritance Tax
- No Prescription Drug Tax
- $4.5 Property Tax Rate
- Home Appreciation 24.9% Last 12 months
- Home Appreciation 83.4% Last 5 years
- Overall Cost of Living 7.8% less than the U.S. average
- Healthcare 4% less than the U.S. average
- Groceries 3.6% less than the U.S. average
- Knoxville is within a days drive to 2/3 of the population
- Crossroads to 3 major interstate (I-40, I-75 & I-81)
- Located near the Great Smoky Mountains
- Beautiful climate all year round
- Located close to multiple top-tier medical facilities
- Conveniently located near shops, grocery stores, and activities
- Located 20 minutes from McGhee Tyson Airport
Using Glen Cove as a comparison to Lenoir City:
- 68.2% more expensive overall
- Housing costs are 97% more expensive
- Food costs are 11% higher
- Healthcare costs 31% more
- $25.9 Property Tax Rate
- Goods and services such as getting clothes, haircuts, or going to the movies cost 31% more on average
- New York has the 3rd highest taxes in the country
- Long Island has harsh winters
- The average temperature in January is 32 degrees Fahrenheit, and it can often drop below freezing
- The island receives a lot of snow, with an average of 30 inches per year
- Long Island faces challenges in its construction industry due to limited space and evolving regulations
- The 2 counties in Long Island rank 1st and 3rd for highest vehicle-related fatalities in New York
- Marina: convenient, clear water location, secure, gated docks, floating docks, year-round access, and fuel station all located on Tellico Lake.
- Dining: two restaurants at WindRiver with scenic views of Tellico Lake and many local options located close by in Lenoir City, Knoxville, and Maryville.
- Golf Course: exceptional golf experience with some of the most breathtaking golf real estate in Tennessee. The par-72 course features six sets of tees ranging from 4,146 yards on the forward tees to 7,453 yards from the championship tees.
- Pool & Sports Complex: resort-style pool, sundeck & hot tub, tennis courts, pickleball courts, basketball court, bocce lawn and so much more!
WindRiver is a debt-free resort style planned community, with beautiful waterfront property. The community is family owned and operated by the Ayres, who have strong ties to the East Tennessee area. The Ayres have called WindRiver their “Legacy Project” and treat it as such, you will see them on property 7 days a week and at majority of the community events.